MPB CLassroom TV
MPB Classroom has released a month-long schedule of educational content now available to supplement classroom learning and students learning from home. Mississippi Public Broadcasting, in partnership with the Mississippi Department of Education, created a new television channel – MPB Classroom TV. This channel airs instructional content for a variety of subject areas from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. to PreK-12th grade students.
You may access the schedule here: MPB Classroom Monthly Grids (December) (004)
Teachers may also access lesson plans and curriculum:
MPB Classroom TV was developed to support and address needs of Mississippi students, teachers and parents as they navigate educational challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. For some students, those needs include lack of internet and technology in virtual learning environments causing them to miss instruction.
To watch MPB Classroom TV, viewers do not need internet at home. The channel is not available on cable and satellite services. To receive and watch this channel, viewers must use an antenna on their TVs. Cable and satellite subscribers will need to purchase a low-cost antenna and change the TV’s input setting. Individuals who already only use antennas will need to rescan their TVs to pick up the new channel.
- Free lesson plans for P-8th
- Rated as high quality instructional materials by EdReports
- We are recording K-3 right now.
- Parents are more likely to use picture cards and vocabulary cards. They could pull these cards and flipbooks up on their phone if they want to work with their children at home.
- Curriculum can be used by teachers. It’s a lot to print.
West Virginia Phonics:
- This link will take you to a school district site
- Click on Phonics Skill 2-CVC
- Our teachers are only using lessons from Week 1 right now.